Thursday, April 10, 2008

Working on my new stuff...

I just have to add a comment about my last post. I had a couple of people comment and couple of people e-mail me about the "paper" in that card. I have to confess: that must have been the one thing that I did right when stamping that card because the "paper" is something that I stamped. I used the All Around Argyle stamp set that is now retired. This was also the card that really taught me how to use my stamp-a-ma-jig (if you don't have one it is a must have stamping tool).

I have been working on some items with my new stuff and I am learning about the supplies that I haven't worked with before. I wanted to try some of the fun chunky glitter. I love the little stamp in the Bursting with Joy stamp set that has a heart with swirls underneath it. I decided to use that idea and make it bigger. I like the chunky glitter, it is easier to clean up than the really fine glitter.
All Supplies Stampin' Up!: Bursting with Joy set; basic black card stock; ; 3/8" White taffeta; Chunky Essentials glitter; On Board Accents

I really like the effect that I got on the bird for this card. I covered the whole stamp in Soft Sky ink and then I took the sponge daubers and inked the Close to Coco around the edge of the bird.
All Supplies Stampin' Up!: Always stamp set; Soft Sky, Close to Coco and whisper card stock; Soft Sky and Close to Coco classic ink pad; 3/8" Chocolate Chip taffeta; Photo corner punch.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a friend of Beth (Stamp me a Rainbow) and saw your link and decided to come check you out--or rather, your blog. Anyway, your rendition of the heart and swirl stamp from Bursting with Joy is lovely. I must admit that I had to go look up that set because I wasn't familiar with it, though. And your Always card is beautiful. I'm not usually a fan of bird stamps, but I do love this one and your card makes me like it even more. I'm off to go see some of your other creations. Stampin' hugs!

wendy peatross said...

I love how the bird turned out. That is a fun idea to ink around the edges too.

Beth said...

Your glitter card is WOW-the red chunky glitter looks fab and I love how you used the swirls (I keep looking at that set, soon, maybe...) to showcase the heart. That lil birdie is so soft and pretty-the sponging is a lovely accent (I really must try to use a complimenting color sometime-I always gravitate towards matching). TFS