Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Inspired by...Bedding

I found this bedding here. I liked the colors and the pillows all stacked up on the top of the bed.
So here is what I was inspired to make.



All Supplies Stampin' Up!: Dream Come True (retired) stamp set; Canvas and Polka Dot Background Stamps; Soft Sky, River Rock and whisper card stock; Soft Sky and River Rock classic ink pads; white taffeta ribbon.

I wasn't 100% on how this turned out but I did learn a couple of things. Since we don't have markers in the InColors and I wanted to have stripes that were in Soft Sky and River Rock I had to come up with something. I used the sponge daubers and ink refills to make really juicy sponge daubers and then I used those to transfer the ink to the stamp.

What doesn't show well in the photo but looks much better in real life is that I stamped "Merci" in Soft Sky on the ribbon and it turned out really well but I guess is too light to show well in the photo.

3 comments:

Beth said...

OMGosh-how cute is this idea!?! You totally captured the pillows and *great* idea with the daubers/stripes. Wonderful!

sushistamper said...

Nice job - the colours are so cool and serene. Thanks for sharing!

www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com

Kim Jenkins said...

You definitely find inspiration everywhere - I sign of real talent.