Friday, April 11, 2008

Inspiration really is everywhere

I found some cute tissue paper at Target for a birthday party my husband and I went to last week. As I took a look at the paper I realized that it would make a really cute card. So I took the color inspiration and the circle motif from the tissue paper and came up with this card. I think that it would be a really fun party invite. I really liked how it turned out and I used all Bold Bright colors and for a girl who usually goes for more earthy or subtle tones that is different for me. Where do you find inspiration for your cards?
All Supplies Stampin' Up!: Calendar Cues, Little Pieces, and So Much stamp sets; Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise, YoYo Yellow and whisper card stock; Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise, and YoYo Yellow classic ink pads; 3/4", 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches; bold brights brads.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Too cool! You really have to love inspiration-those are some colors I would have never put together, but they look awesome together! Such a groovy card! :-)

Jana O'Brien said...

Love this! I used to use Bold Brights all the time, but I've gotten away from them. This is so fun! Thanks for the award.

sushistamper said...

I love the colours in this card - so fresh and fun! Great job being inspired ;)

www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com

Marilyn said...

Inspiration is everywhere - and I love how you took it from tissue paper - this card is really so pretty - I just love it!! Thanks for nominating me for the award - you are so sweet - and I love visiting your blog too - you are always so creative!

Sharon Graham said...

Great color combination and a happy layout (is there such a thing?). Have fun in France.

Laura Brown said...

I really like this card! It's so fun! I love your circle layers on your greeting.

I've been looking for color inspiration, too. Just this month I've made two cards from colors that I loved on a skirt in a magazine.