Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Births and Birthdays

I was having a little technical difficulty yesterday - maybe it was operator error, not really sure. I seem to be having better luck today but I have two cards ready for you since I didn't get one posted yesterday.

The first one is my attempt at a more masculine card. I know it has ribbon but I have a hard time leaving the frills off so this was the least frilly I could make a birthday card.
All Supplies Stampin' Up!: Eat Cake stamp set; Kraft, Basic Black Ruby Red and whisper card stock; Basic Black, Ruby Red, and Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Markers; black gingham ribbon.

I also struggle sometimes having a baby card be too "girl" so I tried to make this one not so "girl". I just love the wild wasabi, it is my favorite green. I find that I reach for it quite a bit and I realized that I hadn't posted many projects using it.
All Supplies Stampin' Up!: Nursery Necessities stamp set; Wild Wasabi, So Saffron and whisper card stock; Wild Wasabi and So Saffron classic ink pads ;Beachfront ribbon originals; Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon; scallop punch; 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle punch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These cards are awesome!!!! I just LOVE the first one!!! I love how you made the cake layers different colors. And I love the color combination too. TFS

Beth said...

These are fabulous! I love the tailored look the Eat Cake card has and the Nursery Necessities card is precious with the scallop punch and the Beachfront ribbon. Beautiful!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Leah, these are both great! I love the colour scheme on the birthday card. It is so fresh and crisp.